Operation Installation test
Installation of the drain joint (only for heat pump type)
- Insert the outdoor double-channel drain joint in one of the bottom holes of the suitable size then connect drain hose and joint together.
Joint of the connecting pipe
- Put some seal oil to cover the joint and the flare.
Bottom Operation Installation test
Double-channel drain joint
1 Align the centre of joint in line with that of flare and tighten the nut of connecting pipe with wrench. (Adjust the torque by the same method of connecting pipe for indoor unit.)
- Screw down the cap of both gas shut-off valve and liquid shut-ofF valve as well as the nut of sen/ice port.
- Use Allen wrench to turn the valve cork of liquid side at 90° counter-clockwise, and close it after 10 seconds. Use soapy water to check the gas leakage especially at all joint. If there is no gas leakage, please turn the valve cork of liquid side at 90° counter-clockwise again.
- Press the cork of service port at gas shut-off valve, 10 seconds later, when you see foggy gas discharged, that means inner air is exhausted out.
liquid connecting pipe liquid shut-off valve
- gas connecting pip gas shut-off. valve valve nuts
Use Allen wrench to turn the valve cork of both liquid shut-off valve and gas shut-off valve counter-clockwise until they are completely open and then replace the valve caps and tighten them.
Do not vent refrigerant into atmosphere: refrigerant is a fluorinated greenhouse gas, covered by Kyoto protocol, with a Global Warming Potential (GWP) =1900 (R410A)/1600 (R407C)/1700 (R22).
sen/ice port \ service port cap
Process of flared tube
- Use the pipe cutter to cut off the broken part of flare.
- Remove burrs at the cut of the flare.
- Insert a nut into the connecting pipe and do flaring with specified flaring tools, reamers for example.
90y! Oblique Roughness Burr
Outer diameter A (mm)
6.35mm (¼") 2.0-2.5
9.52mm (3/8") 3.0-3.5
12.7mm (½") 3.5-4.0
15.88mm (5/8") 4.0-4.5
Check the quality of flaring technique.
6 Adding refrigerant
— If the connecting pipe is longer than 7 metres, add refrigerant as needed. (Cool only type) added amount A=(Lm-7m) x15g/m ; (Heat pump type) added amountA= (Lm-7m) *50g/m. (A: amount of added refrigerant, L: the length of connecting pipe)
The length of connecting pipe (m) 7 8 9 10
(Cool only type) added amount (g) 0 15 30 45
(Heat pump type) added amount (g) 0 50 100 150
- Exhaust the air as the above-mentioned method.
- Screw the gas shut-off valve to close, connect charging hose (low pressure) to the service valve valve and then open gas shut-off valve again.
- Connect the refrigerant bottle to the charging hose and then convert it.
- Fill in liquid refrigerant as the above table.
- Disconnect the manifold gauge after turning off thi*
shut-off valve, and then open gas shut-off valve again.
— Tighten nuts and caps of each valve.
Manifold gauge Pressure meter
7 Operation test
— Before test operation, wiring safety inspection must be carried out carefully again.
- 1. Emergency switch operation: Every press of emergency switch, the air conditioner runs as in the following order:
Cool only type: Cool—"-Shut off
Heat pump type: Cool —Heat —»~Shut off
2. Remote controller operation: If the indoor unit sounds like Di, Di when pressing I/O button, that indicates the air conditioner is under the operation of remote controller. After that, press every button to test their functions.
3.Check switch operation: Open the front grille and press the check button. Switch on the power source and then the operation test is activated. If the indicator lamps light up at first and then go out in succession or the LED window of the indoor unit illuminates at first and then goes out, the system is under normal operation. If one of the indicator lamps is flashing at all times, or failure codes are displayed on the LED window of the indoor unit, the system has something wrong and please check malfunction immediately.
Adding refrigerant: Operation Installation test. Emergency switch operation: Every press of emergency switch, the air conditioner runs